Our Return System is connected to the accounts of two main marketplaces eBay and Amazon and allows tracking of returned items from the stated marketplaces of Amazon FBA/FBM, profit in sales, fees for use of the system, and the marketplace itself. Also, the system that we have developed helps with minimizing routine work.
1 Project Manager, 2 Full Stack developers
auto tracking information of returned items from the stated marketplaces Amazon FBA/FBM, about profit in sales, fees for use of the system, and marketplaces
Python, Django, Angular
In order to succeed in the eCommerce business, you need to manage a lot of things to be an expert, especially when tracking information manually takes a long time and energy. You can spend time that is usually dedicated to keeping track of the information on more important things. Because of this, many businessmen come to an automation solution to maximize results from their work.
Our customer is an Amazon seller, they do a lot of routine work every day. One day they came up with an idea to make this process automated and contacted us at the Instandart company. Some of their routine work included exporting reports with a lot of data and trying to get the main information from it. Such as automation of taxes, transport, categorization, commission calculation.
We needed to create solutions of automation for these tasks. We have had a full experience in this area and we know what clients need and what to offer to solve their problems.
The main task for this was to make it work as much as possible in an automatic way. With tracking information that they need from the reports, the client can work with it in the most efficient way after getting information that has already been sorted.
We took into account all the requirements that we had discussed with the client. After that our team made a full analysis of technologies that were to be applied. As we have knowledge in this area, we have a clear idea of what we should do, in order to make more successful solutions.
First of all, when we connected the system, we typed prefixes, and a user was created according to these prefixes. For this user, there was a system of ratio SKU to the supplier, so you could see who is the supplier in this SKU, and immediately you could just filter by categories and understand everything.
Depending on the supplier, the commission was also changing. There are cards of these suppliers, separate in the administrative tab and there is a monthly commission, a commission that comes from the sum of the item. For example, if an item costs $10, then a 0.5% commission is taken based on the price. If the item costs from $10 to $100, then 5% of the cost is taken as a commission, and if it costs more than $100, then another commission is taken.
The Return System is supposed to have 3 types of users:
1. The administrator is the super-user. who will have the ability to track all orders of their eBay and Amazon accounts, manage items (reassign them to Vendors), set and calculate fees (for items and Vendors), create Profit Reports, and process payments for Vendors, with the option to add or remove some points;
2. Company administrator is the low-level Administrator with rights to view and edit everything except the payments data of the customer, set rates and have access to Super-user rights, with the option to add or remove some points;
3. Vendor is the regular user, who will be able to see their items of the Administrator, check their profit (which will be calculated via Administrator), and payments reports for goods sold by Administrator, with the option to add or remove some points.
We take goods from Amazon that were returned by the buyers and download the document on returned orders (there are the “return” documents on Amazon, documents that contain information about the goods, in this case, ASIN and SKU, the date of return, the information about the damage). After we download the document, we parse it and break it up into dates and with that, we provide the option of management for all this information.
So we have developed the feature that allows the following: the user can add status for each item, take the Amazon merchandise, load it into your warehouse, sort out what might have been resold, and sell it from another seller.
A commission was taken for it, and as there was a certain seller, and they had the role of an intermediary. They collected all these goods, stored them in their warehouse, and then resold them. It works on Amazon and eBay, with active listings, sales. It is possible to download Amazon reports with detailed information about sales for a week, for a month and everything they could sell to have full transparency about sales.
In addition, if there was a damaged or missing SKU, the user could add a photo from the camera to return the case without any issues.
- Pulling the information about the shipping cost and shipment content of the FBA shipment, and using the dimensional weight to divide the shipping cost into the weight and then automatically assign to this SKU as a fee;
- We connect to the end user’s Amazon account, use the token of the client and then get all the data about returned orders, and when such an order arrives, they can scan it and see the expected content and mark it as received so it can be listed too;
- It is possible to make operations from mobile (there is a user-friendly design);
- These are also the documents that we get from Amazon and eBay. All sales from Amazon and eBay grouped goods were also collected from us for financial reporting. And the full shipping cost was added when it was delivered to Amazon.
Our automated features perform functions that help with sorting information in reports in a convenient way for customers’ needs, where they have detailed information about goods. It is possible to calculate taxes automatically for vendors, as the system provides flexible settings for each of the vendors individually. These functions help the client save a lot of their time that is usually spent on making stuff manually, now it works automatically.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Thank you for submitting your email address!
Please check your inbox to proceed with verification for the subscription.
You have successfully subscribed to your newsletter!
We truly hope you will enjoy our content!
Got a project?
Want to discuss your project with us and make your ideas come true?
We're always just one click away.